A. INFORMATION COLLECTION
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
1) Bidding and Buying Process. If you are a Buyer and you are involved in a transaction with a Vandue Client (for example, a seller of an item you are purchasing), we share personally identifiable information about you with that Vandue Client in order to assist you with the bidding and buying process as well as to assist Vandue Customers with the selling process. Vandue will retain your information at Vandue to support the transaction. To the extent that Vandue Customers have access to your personally identifiable information, these entities will treat this information in no less a secure manner than they treat the personally identifiable information of customers who purchase directly through the web site of that Vandue Client. If you are a Buyer, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the Vandue Customers that provide the products or services related to your bid or purchase. You should contact Vandue Customers directly and review their privacy policies should you have questions concerning their use of your information such as, for example, communications you may or may not wish to receive.
2) Customer Support. Contact information provided by you in connection with problems, comments or requests is used only to respond to those problems, comments or requests and may be provided to Vandue Customers or third parties as necessary to respond to the comment, problem or request.
3) Marketing/Special offers/Solicitation from Vandue. Vandue may use registration information to provide updates, and other business purposes related to making available the features and functions of Services. Vandue also may use registration information and checkout information to make you aware of new products or special offers or promotions. Vandue will abide by requests from you (in accordance with the Section D below) to discontinue such use. If you are a Buyer: (i) you will receive such information as described in this Section C (3) only if you have opted to receive such information from Vandue as part of your checkout process; (ii) you may opt out of receiving such information (if you have already opted in to receive it) by sending a request in accordance with Section D below. As a Buyer, if you receive communications directly from a Vandue Client, you should contact the Vandue Client directly concerning such communications and review their privacy policies.
4) Providing Your Information to Third Parties for Marketing/Solicitation.
(i) If you are a Vandue Client (not a "Buyer"), Vandue may provide certain of your registration information to third parties for use in marketing and in designing or providing their own services, to send you information about its products and to notify you if you win a contest. You may opt-out of Vandue providing such information to third parties at any time by updating your Personal Account Settings or by contacting Vandue, as set forth in Sections D and H below, respectively. You should contact the third party directly who may already be sending you messages in order to request these communications stop, and to review their privacy policies.
(ii) If you are a Buyer, (1) Vandue does not sell your information to third parties for purposes of marketing or soliciting you, provided however, we may share personally identifiable information, including credit or debit account information, with a third party upon your prior consent; and (2) To the extent that Vandue Customers (for example, a seller of an item you purchased) have access to your personally identifiable information as a result of your bidding or buying (reference C (1) above, where Vandue provides your information to Vandue Customers as part of a transaction you may be involved in with such Vandue Client), these entities may solicit or market to you in accordance with their policies. As a Buyer, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the Vandue Customers that provide the products or services related to your bid or purchase. You should contact Vandue Customers directly and review their privacy policies should you have questions concerning their use of your information such as, for example, communications you may or may not wish to receive.
5) Bidding, Buying, Selling History. Vandue may use any information collected related to your bidding, buying or selling history to generate recommendations and predictions related to likelihood of your willingness to complete a bid and may submit such history and recommendations to Vandue Customers.
6) Other Disclosures. Vandue may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if Vandue has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect and/or defend the rights and interests of Vandue. Vandue may, as permitted by applicable law, disclose your personally identifiable information to Vandue Customers, other Vandue users or third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity and you expressly authorize Vandue to make such disclosures.
7) Domestic and International Use. All personally identifying information collected by Vandue may be used in the United States or if the Services are undertaken by Vandue for a foreign Vandue Client, such information may be transferred to that Vandue Client outside of the United States and you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8) Merger or Acquisition. If Vandue is merged or acquired by another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.
D. REVIEW AND MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
If you are a Vandue Client, you may add, modify or update your personal information by accessing your account settings from the Vandue home page when you log in to the Services. Through your Personal Account Settings, you may also determine how and when that personal information is distributed.
If you are a Buyer and either (i) you have created a buyer profile, or (ii) you opted to receive marketing information from Vandue (see Section C(3) above), you may access, modify, remove, correct or update your personal information by contacting Vandue as set forth in Section H below. Vandue may retain transactional history in order to document a transaction you may have had with a Vandue Client. You should contact the Vandue Client (for example, the seller of an item you have purchased) directly in order to access, modify or update your personal information with them.
E. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As a part of the Services, Vandue provides links to web sites operated by third parties. Vandue is not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices or the content of those third party sites.
Vandue stores personally identifiable information obtained through registration securely and considers it part of the assets of its business. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Vandue has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online. However, data security is a constantly evolving art and science. You should consider any communication that you transmit to Vandue (such as data, questions or answers, comments, or suggestions) as non-confidential, and agree that Vandue will not be liable or responsible if information that belongs to you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient.
Vandue uses reasonable efforts not to collect, use or disclose individually identifiable information from children under the age of 13. The Services are not targeted at children, and children may not register for any of the Services.
H. FURTHER INFORMATION
8333 Arjons Dr.
San Diego, CA 92126
You may also use the above contact information if you think any information about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or if you want to change the sort of information about you that Vandue may have collected.
Section Headings. The section headings contained herein are for reference purposes only and shall not in any way affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.